The Personal Information We Collect
We receive personal information about you that you give to us, that we collect from your visits to spbmetalworks.com (“our website”) and social media pages and that we obtain from other sources. We only collect personal information which we need and is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it. This information may include:
- Your name, title and contact details including your email address, telephone number, postal address;
- Any information you include in correspondence you send to us or in forms you submit to us when using our website or social media pages;
- Details of your orders and purchases;
- Your marketing preferences;
- The opinions and other information you provide when responding to customer surveys and product reviews;
- Your identification information when exercising the rights that you have in relation to our processing of your personal information;
- Details of any transactions between you and us;
- Any information you give us during a telephone call;
- Details of your use of our website including traffic data, weblogs and statistical data;
- If we have asked for it, details regarding when and how you consented to receive marketing communications from us;
- Cookie, pixels and beacon identification information.
The Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information for a variety of reasons, including in the following ways:
- Where this is necessary for us to perform our contract with you, or to carry out any pre-contract steps you’ve asked us to, so that you can enter into that contract;
- To process your payment card or bank details when taking payment for your orders or when providing a refund;
- To process, fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us and deliver your order.
We will use your personal information to notify you in the unlikely event of a product recall.
We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations:
- To keep records for accounting and tax purposes;
- To keep a record relating the exercise of any of your rights relating to our processing of your personal information;
- To take any actions in relation to health and safety incidents required by law;
- To handle and resolve any complaints we receive relating to the services and products we provide.
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business which may include sales and marketing, accounting, administration and other functions.
At present we do not contact our customers for marketing purposes. We reserve the right to change this decision in the future and this may apply retrospectively to any details we hold. Be assured however that we understand the irritations of unsolicited communications and are fully committed to ensuring the rights and obligations set out in current legislation are respected. If in future we do commence marketing communications, we will always include a clear, simple option to refuse or opt-out.
Disclosure Of Personal Information
We only disclose your personal information outside our business in limited circumstances where we are required to share that information to deliver our services to you or where legally required to share that information. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your information to our third-party service providers, agents and subcontractors where for example they have access to the operation of our website or social media pages. Those third parties are required to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
Security And Links To Other Websites
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use a variety of measures to keep it secure. However, transmissions over the internet and to our website and our social media pages may not be completely secure, so please exercise caution. We cannot guarantee the security of any personal information during its transmission to us online. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
We will not hold your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it.
Your Rights In Relation To Your Personal Information
You have the right to access any personal information that S.P.B. Metal Works Limited processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you;
- The purposes of the processing;
- The categories of personal data concerned;
- The recipients to whom the personal data has or will be disclosed;
- How long we intend to store your personal data for.
We reserve the right to make a charge to access the data we hold about you. This charge will be notified in advance of the provision of any data. If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible, unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with the data protection laws as well as to object to any direct marketing from us.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request. This is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Please check this page regularly for changes to this policy.
You can contact us with your queries in relation to this policy or for any other reason.